Lesson test grades are averaged together and account for 20% of the overall course grade. Final Exams count as 80% of the overall course grade. The final score is always rounded up or down so there is no decimal point.
Here’s an example of the math for a course with 4 lessons:
- Lesson test scores were 50, 65, 83 and 100
- The average of the lesson test scores is thus: (50 + 65 + 83 + 100) / 4 = 74.5
- The Final exam grade is 100.
- 74.5 (the average of all lesson tests) x .2 (20% of the total course grade) = 14.9
- 100 (score on the final exam) * .8 (80% of the total course grade) = 80
- 14.9 (points from the lesson tests) + 80 (points from the final exam) = 94.9 (the final course grade)
- 94.9 is rounded up to 95 according to normal rounding rules.